Tennis matches are played as singles or doubles. The foremost step is to choose a betting site that allows bettors to participate in large markets (i.e., many games to bet on), is user-friendly, has acceptable support, and is quick in payments.
Once this is done, anyone can gamble on tennis quickly and hopefully successfully. Popular bets include moneyline, game spread, set spread, over/under, futures, and props.
Here's the breakdown:
The most straightforward betting type is where a bettor wagers on which team will win. They may also bet on which team they believe will win each half of the match.
This is when a bettor can wager on a player/team that will win more matches over a certain period (e.g., a tournament or series).
This is when a bettor will wager on how many sets will be won in a single match. Will a player win two straight sets? Will they win the first and lose the second?
Betting on the over means a player believes a team/player will score more goals, points, or runs than the total listed. Contrarily, an under bet is when a bettor believes the team/player will score less than the total listed.
A futures bet is very straightforward: it’s when a player wants to place a wager on something that will happen in the future. They can bet that Serena will win Wimbledon or that Maria will win the Opens.
Tennis Prop Bets
This one is a little less straightforward because there are many prop bets that a bettor can wager on!
Here are some of the more popular options:
- First Set Winner: This is exactly what it sounds like, and it’s an easy bet for someone just getting their toes wet in the betting world.
- Set Betting: When a bettor is wagering on a set betting, they’re betting on the exact number of sets each player/team will won or lose during a match.
- Total Aces: More prominent in men’s tennis vs. women’s, total aces is when a bettor wagers on whether the total aces will be over or under an amount sent by the bookmaker.
Setting these wagers demands a punter to deposit a stake in their betting account. Then, the betting site gives the odds for each outcome.
Here’s the breakdown of betting:
- Sign up with a betting site that offers tennis betting and make a deposit.
- Choose the tennis event you wish to bet on.
- Pick the team you wish to bet on.
- Select a stake amount.
- Place a bet.