Sponsorship of companies is banned, and advertisement is only allowed to those who are licensed. Sharing or advertising any game not provided by a licensed organizer is punishable in Spain.
Eligibility for gambling
The Directorate-General for the Regulation of Gambling (DGOJ), under the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, regulates gambling activities in Spain. Seventeen authorities in different states of Spain control and regulate the laws of betting and gambling.
To bet online in a legal way, some laws have to be followed. Some of the rules include:
- Bettors must be over the age of 18
- No advertisement of illegal sites
- The betting site should be a certified authority
- Only licensed operators can offer betting events
- Gambling activities should be communicated with authorities before the conduct
- The sports betting license of the host should be easily reachable